LLB (Hons),(MUK) DIP.LP (LDC)
+256 703 015544
Ms. Jackline Natukunda holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree, LLB (Hons) from Makerere University, Kampala and a Post Graduate Diploma in legal Practice from Law Development Centre (LDC).
Jackline is currently a senior associate at Magna Advocates. She has extensive legal knowledge and experience and specializes in various areas of law and practice, vide; Commercial and Civil litigation, real estate/land transactions and related litigation, Banking; mortgage perfections, recoveries & related litigation and Employment law.
Jackline has advised and engaged clients on various aspects of the law. She has extensive knowledge of and successfully participated in litigating, settling, mediating and arbitrating commercial, land, civil, construction and land matters, which has acquainted her with more legal knowledge and practical experience. She is also experienced in drafting and advising clients on contracts and agreements.
• Mortgage perfections
• Debt Recovery for financial institutions
• Advising different Clients on Employment contracts and disputes.
• Currently represents and provides legal advice to the Ruparelia Group of Companies, the biggest real estate companies in Uganda, also providing other services such as forex bureaus, Hospitality services, Education Services, e.t.c. over different matters.
• Currently representing several persons against Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) over the intended forceful acquisition of land without adequate compensation. The value of the subject matter in dispute is over UGX. 28,000,000,000=.
• Currently representing a client in a dispute involving over USD. 5,000,000= against a financial institution for unlawful transactions and financial loss caused by the financial institution.
• Advised a client over the sale of land worth UGX. 4,400,000,000= to National Water & Sewerage Corporation (NWSC) for establishment of the Sewerage Treatment Plant on behalf of Government of Uganda.
• Successfully represented a client over acquisition of land worth USD. 6,000,000= where the actual controlling authority of the land as between KCCA, KDLB and ULC was in dispute.
• Currently representing a client in a dispute over the forceful acquisition of land worth over UGX. 18,000,000,000= by Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) prior to adequate compensation.
• Advising and representing Clients in land sales/purchases and conveyancing.
• Member, Uganda Law Society
• Member, East African Law Society